What documents do I need for a Retirement Visa?

What documents do I need for a Retirement Visa at Chonburi Immigration in Jomtien?

A retirement visa is for those age over 50 to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand long term, the visa is for one year.

The documents needed for a Retirement Visa non – O at the Jomtien Beach Immigration Office for the province of Chonburi are as follows;


Your passport will need to have at least 12 months remaining. You can convert a 30 day visa on arrival to a retirement visa.

You will need your TM6 number

You will need a form TM47 (download from website)

This is the cover page of your application including your personal information such as name, address, passport number, TM6 number (inside your passport)

You will need a letter confirming monthly income from UK Embassy in Bangkok

You will need to show an income of 65,000 baht per month


You will need to have 800,000 baht in savings in a Thai bank account for 3 months.

You will need to confirm this with your bank a few days before applying, they will provide a letter for you and you need to update your savings pass book just before you apply


You may have a combination of income and savings, which adds up to 800,000 baht per annum

It’s also important to make sure the 800,000 Baht is in the correct kind of bank account. It must be a non interest earning savings account. The bank will try and get you to lock the money in on a term deposit, but Immigration will not accept term deposit accounts!

You will need proof of your address

A utility bill or driving license with your name and address

You will need passport photos x 2

(can be taken at Jomtien office)

Photos need to be taken in last 3 months

1 photo will be attached to the Form T47 by glue or staple

It is always best to check with the Immigration office current for information regarding documents required

   Flexible Terms
   Fully Secured by Property
   Regular Returns Options

Leave a Reply