What Does A $100,000 Dream Honeymoon In Thailand Buy?
No trip comes with as much anticipation and as high expectations as a honeymoon. This (often) once-in-a-lifetime event allows couples to unwind from the stresses of wedding planning while they build a reserve of shared memories to last a lifetime.
The criteria for choosing a honeymoon destination are pretty standard whether it takes place in Miami, Cancun or Bora Bora. Couples typically seek out places that offer a mix of fun and romance, sun and sand, and opportunities for adventure—as well as ample time for being “alone together.”
According to a study by Credit Donkey, a credit card comparison website, the cost of an average honeymoon is $5000-$6000 for a honeymoon of 7-9 days, expensive for most people starting out.
But what if money were no object? What can a $100,000 honeymoon buy?
The contours of a $100,000 honeymoon
Original Travel, a company that specializes in planning bespoke itineraries, collaborated with the Tourism Authority of Thailand to create the perfect honeymoon for those who can afford it.
Why Thailand? It checks off all the boxes on a honeymoon checklist and more—offering tropical beaches, and exotic temples and monasteries in a country so friendly that it’s known as “The Land of Smiles.”
‘Thailand combines luxurious accommodations, idyllic beaches and a chance for couples to truly immerse themselves in the setting,” says Tom Barber, co-founder of Original Travel. “The range of choices is so abundant—whether it’s dining at a world-class restaurant (17 Bangkok restaurants hold Michelin stars), sampling street food from a local market, or enjoying a fresh-off-the-tree coconut on a pristine beach,” he adds.
Highlights of this opulent honeymoon itinerary include:
• Being greeted at the arrivals area of Bangkok Airport by a local representative of the Original Travel team,
• Getting whisked away via private car to the Siam Hotel on the banks of the Chao Phraya River and checking into an Art Deco-inspired Riverview Pool Villa with a terrace overlooking the river,
• Built-in time to fully relax and take advantage of the five-star property, including sipping “champagne afternoon tea” at Café Cha,
• A helicopter tour of Bangkok by day followed by an evening at Sky Bar at Lebua, one of the highest rooftop bars in the world with perfect Instagram views,
• Meeting elephants at the Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle in Chiang Rai, which adheres to ethical interactions with these gentle giants,
• A hands-on experience at Wat Srisuphan (the Buddhist Silver Temple in Chiang Mai) to make a keepsake patterned silver plate to take home,
• An interactive cooking lesson with a local Thai chef,
• A quick hop to Cambodia via private plane and helicopter to visit the stunning temples to the Angkor Wat complex (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) with a local guide,
• An immersive experience with the indigenous hill tribe in Chiang Rai, which includes a traditional meal and opportunity to learn about local history, culture and traditions, and
• Luxurious accommodations at the five-star Soneva Kiri, including a treetop dining experience in a bamboo pod where wait staff serves food and champagne via zip line—with more time built-in to relax at the resort’s white sand beaches.
The beauty of bespoke honeymoon planning
This 16-day, luxury $100,000 dream honeymoon allows couples to check off bucket list destinations like Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Koh Kood—along with a quick visit to Cambodia—in style. And at each stop, couples will have rich opportunities to immerse themselves in local culture.
Because honeymoons like this one are planned individually, couples can add and subtract options (increasing or decreasing costs) to create their own luxury honeymoon in Thailand or at many other destinations across the globe.
Source : Forbes